View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 12:30 AM   #71
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
Her mind was addled. I'm not sure she even knew what the hell she really wanted at the time. That she wanted to stay in the band might be just a bit of revisionist history on her part. From what I heard (amongst other things) is that she had in her head this idea of "going Hollywood". I wonder if that seed was planted during all the time the band spent out there for the Adore recording sessions? It's around that time that a really different side of her seemed to emerge, anyway.
It may have started with D'arcy getting befriended with Mickey Rourke during the recording sessions in LA for the Adore album, that she tried to become an actress. There was an independent movie called "Pieces of Ronnie" he wanted her to be involved in with him. She also auditioned on other projects. Therefore she already missed dates of the recording sessions for the Machina album.
Her agent for an acting career, Wendell Green, even became her fiance. She later accused him for having sabotaged her film career.

Was D'arcy fired for neglecting her tasks in the band, being more interested in an acting career?
Did she spend the time in rehab she got as a time-out of the band?
They may tell different stories about it...