View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 10:06 PM   #154
smashkin33
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki View Post
I'm in love with my Holga... my only problem is that the processing and printing is so expensive. I spent $25 on processing 2 rolls the other day (single prints on one, double on the other). I really need to invest in a home processing kit.
when i was shooting on the holga a lot, i would just pay for the film processing (no prints)- it was a few bucks. i was in college at the time, and taking photo classes so i could use all the great equipment, like the medium format film scanners. it let me preview all the shots before i went ahead and made prints (either digital or traditional). this saved a lot of money. you can always use photoshop to make digital images look holga-esqe, but that kinda just takes the fun and charm out of shooting w/ toy cameras. it was fun walking around with a camera taped together w/ electrical tape, and a red filter taped on the front of it.

i also had a lot of fun shooting with polaroid land cameras (the polaroid cameras from the 70's, with pull apart film, that you can get for dirt cheap on ebay now), which got to be too expensive- i was really into doing polaroid transfers. i don't have any of mine scanned, but this is how they turned out. they looked like watercolors- it was pretty time consuming too, but could be very rewarding.

here's what they look like:

here's some info on how to make them:
http://www.alternativephotography.co...es/art061.html