View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 08:40 PM   #41
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
if being fat is in most cases a sign of weakness and shows a lack of self awareness or self discipline, what would you say that

being a 30something alcoholic who doesn't get a high school diploma is, exactly?

talk about being frank about reality - I love being frank about reality. the reality is you are a shitstain, and you know it. why the need to sugarcoat it and tell yourself you are a good person? is reality too hard to accept? would you like a crying center for snowflakes who can't face what utter failure their life is?

how do you like being frank about reality now.
I've nipped my alcohol addiction in the bud. It was a mental failing from me as I was using it as a crutch, but I'm intelligent enough to know why I was doing it. It's these addicts who are unaware of their madness who showcase a particularly low IQ.

I think you're putting too much stock into the merits of a high-school diploma. I'm an avid bookworm and there's resources available to educate myself in any field I chose without crippling myself with a lifetime full of debt. I mean, you can look no further than this very forum to see people who spent a fortune on schooling and seemingly can't hold or find a job in that field. So it begs asking what good does it really do in the long run? The Omega Concern had a great phrase about people who never went to post secondary school but it's slipping my mind ATM.