View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #292
caliphornia
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonus5150
Okay so at what point did Pumpkins fans become incredibly whiny and high maintenance? What happened to the days when we were all just incredibly psyched to hear the band play just about anything, not whining about "the hits"? Granted, I pretty much gave up on this board during the Machina trainwreck but I really don't remember this many goobers lurking around bitching and moaning. Is this the fan base that kindof filled the void when the long-time fans lost interest? Maybe the ones that remained felt that by embracing the lackluster songs of the band's later years while most of the rock fan base had basically dwindled away that the band had somehow become "your own"? News flash - those songs are hits because they fucking rock. Why wouldn't the band want to play those songs that made them who they are today?

Oh and please get over the coverband bullshit. Billy and Jimmy were the driving force behind the Pumpkins sound on every album outside of the nightmarish "Adore". Even there you can't pin much credit on either D'Arcy or James. They were along for the ride basically from the beginning and were probably just grateful for the experience. More than anything, the Smashing Pumpkins were and always will be the creative vision of Billy Corgan and anyone who denies that is delusional. If you can't accept it, go start your own Scratchie Records fan site and give up on the Pumpkins. I think Billy is officially out of his post-Mellon Collie funk and is taking it to a new level. Oh and he's actually playing the guitar again, not just going through the motions. Sorry electro-goth-drivel fans. At least you've got "The Future Embrace" to chew on .

i think fans are just excited after thinking SP has been dead for almost 7 years. hopefully everyone will calm down after this first year of comeback tours/first comeback album.