View Single Post
Old 07-06-2019, 03:12 PM   #28
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Don't be so hard on yourself brother.

Did they give you any coin for the contribution?
Yeah, only $250. Didn't really care about the money though. I told them I'd do it for free if they drove to my place to do it. They initially wanted to do it in Hollywood but I said I wouldn't do it unless they could do it near LAX, hate driving to Hollywood. Some British lady interviewed me in a hotel lobby, with a British guy also on via Skype. First asked about the early Gish era, success of Siamese Dream and Billy's mental health issues recording it, and rivalries with some other 90's bands, asked me about the distinct personalities of the members, Jimmy's firing when Melvoin died, and some other stuff. They also asked about how D'arcy mentioned in my interview having a miscarriage. They asked about D'arcy's drug issues but I just restated what she said in the interview in very vague terms, that she had some issues but eventually got clean.

I then summed up 2000-2016 in a 4-5 minute monologue since they didn't ask any questions about it really, outside of one thing about the 2005 announcement I think. Then we talked about the interview I did with D'arcy, and her take on why negotiations with Billy fell apart. At the end I called Billy the best songwriter of his generation. I think they'll mainly use the Billy vs. D'arcy stuff from me. I'd never done an on camera interview, felt kind of weird, especially since I was talking about other people, I wanted to stick to things they have all said when talking about personal things, and then when it came to the music I came at it from a fan's perspective.

They tried to ask for the uncut 4 hours of audio from my interview with D'arcy, which I rejected.