View Single Post
Old 06-26-2019, 08:46 PM   #5
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Cane View Post
Ah Korn, singing about the same thing since 1994. Little known fact: their song Faggot is about Billy.
It's 'Faget' and, btw, "little known" because it isn't true.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faget_...ic_and_writing

Quote:
"Faget" is about Korn's lead vocalist Jonathan Davis' time in high school where he was relentlessly teased and harassed by jocks for being into arts, wearing frilly shirts, being into new wave music (for example, Duran Duran) and wearing eyeliner. Many people assumed that Davis was gay and would call him names such as "faggot".[4][5][6][7][8] Davis said:

"There's a big rumor about me being a homosexual. Does it really matter? I have lots of gay friends. It shouldn't matter. I was in the New Romantic scene [in high school] with Duran Duran [as his favorite band], wearing makeup. I got called a fag by the jocks. Couldn't walk through the halls without hearing that or being picked on".[9]

"Faget" features an example of Korn's guitarists (James "Munky" Shaffer and Brian "Head" Welch) utilizing what they have dubbed the "Mr. Bungle chord".[10] When speaking about the recording of "Faget", Welch said: "[Jonathan] moved in with us, with his girlfriend, and I remember sitting in the room he rented. I had my guitar in there and I wrote the riff. We just came up with the song "Faget" right then and there. It was the very beginning".[11] Songfacts described "Faget" as "a very emotional and genuine song where Davis lashes out at his tormentors".