View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 11:08 AM   #177
Andy /

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov

10. Black (Remixed Greatest Hits version)
-----
19. Untitled (I'm Still Here) (Unreleased)
-----
25. Foldback (Touring Band 2000 DVD)
---------------------------

First of all - amazing compilation.

Thanks. I actually burned a copy and have it in my car. I'm pretty happy with it as far as mixes go. So it's nice that another fan digs it.

Quote:
re: Black, etc: Do you think those remastered versions of those Ten-era songs make the RVM compilation worth buying? Do they sound that much better?
edit: I just listened to Black, and I think I may have answered my own question.
Depends if you like the muddy sound of Ten or a crisper sound. Personally, I prefer the Ten version of Black (in part because the bassline at the very end is still near the forefront, where on the newer version it's buried a bit), but Once and Even Flow get nice upgrades.

Quote:
Re: Untitled (I'm Still Here) - Where is this from? That is amazingly, amazingly powerful. There isn't much more stuff like this out there for PJ, is there? I know with Pumpkins, there are tons of unreleased songs - but isn't most of the Pearl Jam out there already "out there"?
It was rumored to have been on a "Japanese Promo' of Lost Dogs (and not on the promo in the eBay auction Nimrod posted), but that's never been confirmed anywhere that I've seen. It'd be all over eBay if it was, too. I'd link you if I remembered where, but I have read that it was a song given to someone close to the band, who leaked it. They weren't supposed to, but they did. The song is a taboo subject on both the Pearl Jam board and even the fan run Red Mosquito board- post about it and it usually gets deleted. No one is even sure what the real title is- 'I'm Still Here' I think was given to it by fans so they knew what was being talked about (like 'Red Dot' on Yield).

Quote:
Re: Foldback - I had forgotten how cool those instrumentals were. Did you just rip the audio off of the Touring Band DVD, or are there better sources of those songs elsewhere?
I downloaded them from here: http://www.longroad.it/downloads/rarelive.htm

Quote:
Again - amazing comp - Thank You. Looking eagerly towards your post.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it.