View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 01:26 PM   #64
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan
i dont give a fuck what anybody says here, a lot of people just bash weiland here because its the "hip" thing to do here, that guy has got talent, sure velvet revolver sucks, but most musicians make shit at one point. weilands got a great voice and wrote some great songs with stp.
i used to hate stp so much, when their first album was out I was pretty sure they just wanted to be a slightly heavier version of pearl jam, and I still don't like Core. But they seemed to improve with each new album and found a sound of their own. I really dig a lot of their songs now, which is something i never thought i'd say. Interstate Love Song, Sour Girl, Lady Picture Show, Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart... i love all of those. and As for velvet revolver, Loving the Alien is a great song.

Helena, I don't Love You, and Cancer are all pretty decent MCR songs. And I kind of like the song the black parade. Other than that, I can't really listen to much of their other stuff without cringing...i've tried, couldn't do it. I still think it's a pretty stupid concept to hate on a band just because they are supposedly uncool. I said it in some other thread, but I'll say it again here, Smashing Pumpkins isn't really considered a "cool" band to like either. They get a lot of hate from blogs, magazines, etc. It's pretty stupid. I like to listen to whatever appeals to me, who gives a shit if anyone else likes it? I don't tailor my musical taste to impress anyone, and people who do are pretty lame. I've known a lot of people who do this...