View Single Post
Old 05-22-2014, 08:55 PM   #95
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

or how about the ones from high school where "my friend was going to get into MIT but some black person who got a c average made it in because affirmative action"

the stuff about using food stamps at fast food is particularly bewildering because it's not accepted there. I think i would know if it was.

maybe it varies from state to state but food stamps in texas don't allow for that, or buying alcohol or tobaccy

also it's impossible to get them unless you are completely destitute

working for the ACS you start to notice that there's also a benefits gap, as in you are pretty poor but you make "too much money" to qualify for something because 1) it's for the truly destitute and/or 2) you got another form of assistance, which isn't enough, which disqualifies you from further benefits

seriously when you start trying to find financial assistance for people with serious cancer diagnoses and finding nothing you really wonder what kind of society you live in

i want to know who goes "well it's your fault you got cancer, you should have planned to have a dehabilitating, costly disease. Selfishness is a virtue."