View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 12:09 PM   #3548
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Oh jesus I forgot about the bottle feeding! WHY?! I thought the tumblr premise was a little condescending like "oh this is what 'millennials' do" but yeah i'm curious what was so magnetic about it. and keanu reeves as a doctor was certainly jarring. that one girl losing the baby made me cry cuz I was preggers when I watched it and extremely EXTREMELY afraid of miscarriage/stillbirth. not a great movie honestly but there aren't too many that tackle the subject that aren't just cringey documentaries.
yeah, that was sad. I kind of saw that coming, though... a pregnant women in an ED Group home in a movie. Nothing good is going to come of it. They really wanted to push as many buttons as they could.

the things i liked about the movie were really separate from the plot, which was a mess. Like the chew and spit scene. Finding the puke bag. She did that thing with her fingers around her arm, which I do all the time. Also, although i know they did a lot of camera, make up work and maybe some GCI in the scene where she weighs in I think it made here look honestly anorexic. Most of the lousy movies about EDs use normies to play anorexics, which makes it unbelievable.

As far as documentaries go it's been a while since I watched "Thin." I used to watch it to trigger myself.

Last edited by MyOneAndOnly : 09-26-2017 at 12:14 PM.