View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #197
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
why do you have to embarrass yourself can you take our word for it
I read a lot of the current blogs and some of the music they champion is just puzzling. I think the "kick-backs" are one of the largest factors for who they promote.

The blogosphere was recently raving about a new artist named Colleen Green, and all of the write ups on her music fit a perfect description of what I was wanting to hear. I figured with the description that i found exciting and the consistent narrative that I'd come across that I'd stumbled onto something that I'd really enjoy. So I go on and download the album with much anticipation only to end up hearing the most vapid, basic, boring, unoriginal music I've ever heard. It pretty much sounded like a very tired, weak, dumbed-down version of Veruca Salt.

I couldn't believe it... So I did some more searching on the artist and her promo picks show her showing off her arm-pit hair while wearing a little kids cardboard birthday hat. All I could do was let out an exasperated laugh. I don't know why I was surprised though... This has become par for the course when I check out blog-phenomenon bands. Shallow, dumbed-down bullshit for the hipster trendies.

Yes, I'm sure theres diamonds in the rough out there and some good bands get hyped too but it's all just so shallow and seems like an awful route to go down to discover new music.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 09-07-2015 at 06:55 PM.