Thread: Sacrifice
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2019, 03:49 PM   #127
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I feel like it's been on rotation but everyone is really open about it now. I'm starting to have a hard time with it, emotionally. Especially as my kid gets older and is starting to need real parenting, not just "keep me alive" duties. I definitely clash with them (internally) a lot more now. They say things to her that caused me some emotional problems (thankfully she isn't quite old enough to understand but she doesn't need those seeds planted) and I don't want her to be ilikeplanets 2.0. But financially I am not able to do anything about it now. I'm getting closer. Still grateful though, just ready to sack of rice even more so I can get us our own space.
My parents have been saints, and kept their mouths shut the whole time. But my boys are 10 and 13 now, and in my parents’ eyes, more or less model children. So that helps. They don’t run in the house anymore, or break stuff, or yell. So there’s nothing for my parents to do, discipline wise. I was worried about that. I don’t want my kids turning into vixnixes.

But rent here is kind of insane. We’d pay at least $800 a week in this suburb. And salaries aren’t that high, here. If we can stick it out here until we find a house to buy, we’ll pay a similar amount as a mortgage payment but at least we’ll be paying off our own property, and not providing a hefty inheritance for someone else’s descendants.