View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #47
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Lol seriously? What was the appeal man?

They were always one of the nu-metal bands that I thought were lame as hell.

Now that we're going down this rabbit hole though, Does anyone remember Adema? The lead singer is Jonathan Davis' brother... Say what you guys will about nu-metal, those guys always had a strong sense of unity and helped out their buds.

This song rocks. Not that I listen to it actively or even have it on my I-pod or anything, but it's a good jam and video.

Sevendust had a certain quality to them that those other bands didn't have. Strong melodies, good song-writing and an unparalleled live show. They're also super-nice, hard-working guys which meant I gave them a pass long after my interest in the genre had faded. I'm not as into them as I was back in the day, but I still spin those first four records from time to time. Their self-titled debit has a really great, raw flavor. If you're ever in the mood, I suggest you give it a listen.

Adema sucked shit from day one, though. They were always a joke band, even among nu-metal scenesters such as myself.