View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #233
opera de nuit
Demi-God

i missed the majority of this as well. but trots, i just did something similar recently. i left my job of nine years for a lateral move just to make a change. i was tired of working in the basement (headaches, seasonal depression) and was fed up with taking on more responsiblities with each tech they lost, without any pay increase. so i moved to a different company, and i hate it even more. i resigned on my first day, without anything else lined up.

long story short, i'm interviewing today with my old company, but at a different location. my new company wants to put me somewhere else but i'd rather have my three weeks of vacation back. i've also considered taking time off without pay to try and find my "path" or what have you. my wife and i can afford it for a while, but i don't feel comfortable with depending on someone else. i've had a job since i was 16, even in high school and college, so it would be weird to be floating in the ether.

so, if i take my old company back, i'm hoping it's temporary... another year or two, save up some money/pay off some bills, but start taking steps to figure out what i want to be when i grow up, instead of being complacent and lazy about it.

errr, sorry for rambling... but i commend you for taking the leap and hope you can find something better soon.