View Single Post
Old 09-06-2017, 09:37 PM   #261
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
This is an extremely relevant point but don't forget that Laura Palmer is also a creation of the "Lodge" or "Mother" or "Judy" or whatever you want to call it, as was "BOB".
Created as bait. To pull Cooper to fight BOB and Judy. Without putting a Laura Palmer into earth, there would have been no reason for Coop to go to Twin Peaks.

Quote:
Also Judy is a spirit who can only physically manifest in a host -> Sarah Palmer.
We don't know that.

Quote:
This is also good insight into why I don't think Judy created the alt timeline/reality. It was a trap from the Giant (for Judy), who knew that Cooper would try and follow Laura.
Why would The Giant trap Cooper? He's helping him. He's a "good guy"

Quote:
Also in regards as to why Judy did not just collect pictures of her enemies and send them into pocket dimensions...who is to say she didn't? The first thing that comes to mind is the log of the Log Lady.
Ah the "who says it didn't happen?" logic! Nice.

Quote:
I think the real question is to what length does the Mother/Judy rule Lodge activity? Everyone seems to hate her. I'm thinking that she is THE supreme negative force that dictates Black Lodge activity, to which even red room members are subject.

I'm just freestyling here...
That's interesting because my interpretation is that there's good Lodge spirits (The Giant/Fireman, Mike), bad Lodge spirits (BOB, Judy, the Woodsmen) and spirits that don't seem to have either allegiance, and are neutral (The Arm, The Chalfonts)