View Single Post
Old 03-20-2020, 11:30 PM   #68
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Chemistry on stage or off? I think they sounded amazing live for the most part with those 4.

Off stage? D’Arcy and James were always close besides that brief period of time they were fighting around the time of SD being recorded. Billy referred to Jimmy as his best friend. It wasn’t that the band all hated each other so much as there were kinda two factions IMO. Billy and D’Arcy had a complicated relationship, as did Billy and James. I don’t know about Jimmy and D’Arcy or Jimmy and James.
honestly i feel like the most notable chemistry they had was visual - the way the 4 of them looked together in photographs, videos, on stage. Billy & Jimmy made it clear on several occasions they didn't respect the other two as musicians all that much

on the same token Billy also insinuated several times that all members of the band were vital to the output, even once making a comment along the lines of "my best songs have been written with these two in the room" - however much of that was led by Bill simply trying to keep the band together at the time vs. him actually believing it is up for debate, but if the past 15 years is anything to go by that certainly rings true after the fact