View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 12:50 PM   #59
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
My trip was good. It was a really nice ceremony. My brother-in-law's (!) family is very nice, smart, accomplished, etc. They have a lot of divorces and etc but everyone gets along reasonably well and I was really quite impressed. My parents even were doing OK with each other mostly, although towards the end my dad kinda started getting snippy. Also my dad 'works for' something that's basically a pyramid scheme (and so does his GF) and the GF gave her card to my sister's sister in law (btw there is a term for this, co-sister-in-law) and his family sorta realized what kinda shit they do and they kinda hate them now.

The real fun, and by fun I mean disaster, struck last night when they cancelled my flight. The next non-cancelled, non-sold out flights on Southwest are Saturday. Saturday! Because all of their shit goes through Baltimore and every SW flight from Baltimore (at least to the SE) is cancelled through Wednesday (starting with our flight that was late tonight). But I found a flight with seats on JetBlue and basically ended up paying $1000 to get out before the storm hits. But, I needed to return my rental car that's here in Florida, needed to take care of my cat, would have had to call and get extra medication from my doctors, etc. So I left, and my mom's long time friend who I shared my room with came with me. My mom, aunt, dad, and dad's girlfriend are stuck at the hotel with each other until at least Thursday and likely Saturday. I hope they don't kill each other.

I've been up for approximately 33 hours. We found out our flight was cancelled at 11pm last night, spent 3 hours getting this other flight, then had to leave the hotel at 4am to get a 5am bus to get a 8:30 flight that took extra time because of going around the storm. We got in at 12pm. My sister got married yesterday at 1pm and I have not slept yet.

My friend and I also almost got separated on the bus, and a couple days ago I fucking fell and bruised the shit out of myself. The hour bus ride today to Boston, I had something poking my ass the entire time and it was terrible. I kept on counting to 100 over and over.

All in all it was an adventure and I am very happy for my sister and somewhat amused that my parents are stuck together.

The cold wasn't even that bad TBH. All I had was a hoodie and I never felt like I couldn't handle the temperature. Not that I was out a ton, but other people seemed to be much colder than I was. Maybe it's the fat.
Fucken storms n airplanes! Glad you found a way to get back in time to save your cat, but manalive that's an expensive friekin hassle all around

Plus your butt on the bus!

At least we'll always have 100. To count to, I mean