View Single Post
Old 12-13-2017, 05:51 AM   #4862
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I had choices, but only crappy pseudo choices. Like, breastfeeding on the whole was easy for me (apart from a 2cm tear in my nipple, in the beginning...but that did heal) and my children grew and were healthy, and it was "best" so that made it hard to try formula feeding, which would have given me a bit more freedom, if I had wanted it. I went to the supermarket and stared at those tins of formula countless times, reading and re-reading the ingredients and weighing up whether "best" feeding and "second-best" feeding were separated by very much at all.

But in the end, because I was physically able to do the "best" thing, and because of course when it comes to your kid, you want to do your "best", we were tethered to each other basically until he weaned....at 2.5

at which stage I was pregnant with his brother

Is breastfeeding even best? Nobody even knows. There are so many variables. It was just the indoctrination they pedalled at the time and I just fell for it, because I was 25 and in shock, and mentally ill, and trying to care for my newborn

damn health authorities