View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 04:35 PM   #58
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Reunion would bring closure

Speaking about the possibility of a reunion, Corgan exclusively tells TeamRock: “The tabloidian version of ‘Will it? Won’t it?’ I’m not in that game – I’m in the, ‘Hey, I’m all for it.’

“I don’t have anything to defend, or push aside, it’s none of that. I do hope that whatever it is, it would ring to the public as authentic and well-intended.

“As I’ve said a few times publicly that I’m interested in the band being creative again.

“Playing shows is fine – I’m totally cool with the idea that if you come see some iteration of Pumpkins 5.0, it’ll be focused on the 90s era of work. It’ll be a real celebration – we’ll get the closure we never had. And a 22-year-old who has only ever heard about the myth can come and see it in some form. I think we’d still be fine.”

Corgan adds: “But me personally, I’m really interested in being creative again. I think there’s a space for us to fit where nobody is inhabiting, and that’s very attractive to me because our skill set is quite dangerous in this environment, and I really like that.”