View Single Post
Old 10-04-2018, 06:34 AM   #2961
Disco King
Minion of Satan

So, I was also informed yesterday by the date I had last week that she wasn't feeling the romantic connection.

I was planning to implement the whole thing about trying to be more flirtatious and teasing and intimate in order to be better at facilitating chemistry instead of defaulting to being really cautious and being too afraid to make a move, but I was feeling kinda nauseated that day, and just wasn't in the mood to, like, sit beside her and make physical contact and all that. I would have postponed the date, but we already did that twice, because I was sick the previous scheduled time, and she was sick the time before that. Everybody is sick this time of year, a lot of people I know are coming down with things.

I'm not torn up about it, because I didn't get attached, but there seems to be a running pattern.

I asked her if she wants to remain friends, especially she reminds me of this other friend I have, and I think they'd get along. Funnily enough, the other friend is somebody I went on a few dates with who eventually wasn't feeling it, but that's, like, where maybe 30% of my friendships are coming from these days (which is a nice benefit of things not working out between people who still enjoy each other's company, at least I get a friend out of it).