View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 09:22 AM   #102
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Nirvana will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame tonight, and the band (sans late frontman Kurt Cobain) will perform at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn with Joan Jett. Michael Stipe will be inducting them as well, so you never know if multiple people could end up singing. If anybody is attending, please e-mail me your phone number (grungereport @yahoo.com) so we can have live coverage. You can also register and upload live feedback and photos to our sister site Concertfy. I really hope tons of people film the performance.

My prediction is that they’ll play 2-3 songs, and that one of them will be “Milk It.” Dave Grohl has called that his favorite Nirvana song, and he tried to get PJ Harvey to perform it with the band last year. I’d love to see them do “Territorial Pissings” with Jett, that song would really suit her voice. I do think they’ll perform a hit though in addition to a more rare track, I could see them doing “Lithium” or “Smells Like Teen Spirit” if they go that route. The surviving Nirvana members rehearsed ‘Teen Spirit’ instrumentally in late 2010.

If Michael Stipe sings a song, I think “All Apologies” would be perfect for his voice. Anybody else have predictions for tonight? Will Courtney Love throw her granny panties onstage at Dave Grohl during the performance?
Source:
www.alternativenation.net/?p=45938