View Single Post
Old 03-03-2008, 01:12 AM   #110
null123
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoi View Post
what legitimate points? that people are predisposed to fear what they don't know? Is that a groundbreaking idea? I'm not even arguing against that and you're not reading anything i'm posting. do you really think there's an evolutionary benefit in fearing people of different colors? that statement would be true if there were legitimate things to fear about people of different skin color (note we are talking skin color, physcial attributes, not cultures and practices which we do have a rational dispostion to question) so how can I argue against something thats falsely framed? and I already told you why racism isn't natural.
maybe because physical attributes were once much more closely linked to specific cultures because people didn't travel and regroup as often.

if a species is repeatedly doing something it must be because it serves itself in some way, even if it's short-sighted. so because racism has always existed, and continues to exist even within a modern culture where there is virtually nothing to gain from it and a lot to lose, I wouldn't ask if it is innate but rather "why?"