View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 11:57 AM   #204
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Are you kidding me, Samuel and Kings are the best. I couldn't read the Gita like you though. Are you going to move onto the Srimad Bhavagatam?

I hung with some Krsna devotees for a while. I brought my guitar along to jam with them, it had a sticker on it that I'd made with a label maker at the pizza shop I worked at. It said EMMA ROCKS. The devotees thought Rocks was my last name, and called me Emma Rocks. I liked them a lot. Plus, they shared my love of coriander and turmeric.

Actually I am a fan of everything OT except Deuteronomy and Numbers because you know. There are only so many recaps a reader needs.

What's your favourite OT book? For a long time, mine was Daniel. He was like the first ever hippie stoner, with his vegetarian ethics and wild visions. I guess you can't really compare the different books, like you can't really compare the books of the prophets with like Ecclesiastes or anything. Obviously Ecclesiastes is top 5. I love Jonah, too. I love how Jonah is like wtf, why did I even come here and God is like eh, stfu. So many great vayue entertainment books like that. People are all like God, wtf. And God is like that's how I roll, you wanna take this outside? Didn't think so. It's like the ancient Hebrew version of the "And then I woke up and it was all a dream" storytelling device. Like "And then God decided not to do that after all, the end." Brilliant. Five stars.