View Single Post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:32 AM   #246
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy drevpile View Post
1. Has not played music of any description in a public capacity for 20 years (let that sink in)
2. Mental breakdown, panic attacks, by own admission (from pressures of being in this band touring).
3. Struggles with substance abuse over a number of years. Tried to kill herself.
4. Has been arrested, caught drunk driving, jail.
5. Says it’s a lie she has been invited, or that billy wants her on tours then literally talks about invitations (posts proof)
6. Never friends / enjoyed friendship
7. Identifies as musician. Hasn’t played publically for 20 years. Listens to radio, doesn’t recognise her own music.
8. Is literally physically unable to play bass, whilst band is working on most recent demos
9. Casual racism.

Despite this feels it is unreasonable under these circumstances for Billy / the rest of the band not to invite her carte blanche to be full time touring bassist.
Then Billy literally offers a chance to be involved in the tour in whatever capacity she want’s from just 1 song to 7 songs. Offers her own bus. Doesn’t have to play ever gig if she doesn’t want to. Doesn’t have to sing even. This doesn’t sound like the band trying to push her away, they’re just saying they don’t think it’s in the best interest of anyone to be invited back in as a full time member right at that second…

For me at least Billy looks like he’s made a very sensible decision here.

You ignore that Billy couldn't even be bothered to meet her during the last two years.
If I was Billy and thought about a reunion, I'd want to meet D'Arcy to reconnect and to see if she's still able to play bass like she used to. It would be essential.

D'Arcy:

"He would never invite me, but he told me that it didn’t happen. He said that I was invited to do all of this stuff, and that I said later, later, later. There was only one thing that was later, later, later, that I had invited him to come out to my farm. He never invited me to his house ever to meet his girlfriend or his son, nothing."