Thread: cooking
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 07:29 PM   #74
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Cool

made this yesterday finally after hankering for it for months. Kartoffelnsalat. Doesnt look like much cause it isn't much... Just diced boiled potatoes, onion, bacon, vinegar, bit of sugar, bit of flour. Now i got the cheapest bacon ever and it was ridiculously fat. Normally you fry the onion and pour the vinegar and sugar and flour in the bacon fat after you cooked it but there was so much fat, I decided to pour most of it out...until miya came to help, saw what i was doing, basically went all "step aside pussy" mode and grabbed the bowl containing what was like 1 cup and a half of liquid bacon fat as i exclaimed "you're not gonna pour all this in with the onion!!???!" (i actually nearly audibly gasped) to which she said "oh yeah" and proceeded to do so.

Not exactly low cal.... Potatoes and loads of fat. But good. I like to have it in the morning as a side with eggs. You've got your fry-up potatoes and bacon already cooked.