View Single Post
Old 05-24-2007, 02:47 AM   #229
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theeggofhope
if you don't connect with Billy's/the pumpkins music now, I don't expect you to try and choke it down, but I am very much enjoying what is happening now..

I'll always connect with what Billy's doing. You're missing the point. This is good old fashioned constructive criticism. You would have to be ignorant to think that every person should think the same as you do. I love and enjoy everything Billy has put out so far. Some things could have been done better, but hey, everyones human. Even the Bill man himself. That doesn't mean I can't speak my mind about things. I feel that this thing was overblown with hype from Bill. Even though he's been very tight lipped about most of the new album until now, he's made it clear that we would be in for surprises and was making alot of his die hard fans (me being one of them) think that there could still be hope for a full reunion. In the end, James stole Billy's thunder by speaking out and ruined it for a lot of people. Which is fine. It is what it is. I just would of like to at least got my bullshit served to me when the curtains rose instead of knowing my dreams would be crushed ahead of time.

With that being said, I am giving myself a chance to warm up to this new sp. You see, it's kind of hard for a fan to let go of something as special as Billy, Jimmy, James, and D'arcy. It's not like AC/DC where Brian Johnson stepped in and just reinvented the whole thing and dominated the band with hit after hit. We'll just to wait and see.