View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 09:31 AM   #2
Kumar Littlejeans
Demi-God

Default Re: An MP FAQ In Progress - Don't Kill Me :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sehki
[b]At some point in 1998 or 1999, Dave Asselin, one of the lucky few to receive an original, started up a little track-by-track FAQ
Fresko. And it was more like 2000 or 2001
Quote:
The Coyle Tape was an interesting little spot; it was the only publicized event of someone breaking BC’s trust (though whomever did is still unknown).
Nobody did really. Mr. Coyle had the tape. He gave it to those folk there.. J Mulhausen or someone of the like, to transfer to cd, the transfer-er is the one who took a copy for himself and leaked it.

Quote:
The Reel Time Studios collection wormed it’s way onto the internet (purportedly from a tape(s?) of the sessions). A number of RTS songs appear on MP and the versions were considered one and the same. A couple of important shows managed to get online as well, including Oct. 5th 1988, the WZRD show, March 16th, 1989, and the Tower Records promo concert on July 26th, 1993.
This is all uh... Muddled. That WZRD show.. I think maybe came out in early 2000 or late 99.. I think about simultaneously somebody got a tape of it from a record store, and another guy was selling his copy for 10 dollars a pop that was of a lesser gen. Somebody recounted the history of this rather well, it's on google groups somewhere. Tower Records has been out fucking forever. Like.. that was the mellon collie riviera debut show of the bootleg world before such a thing even existed. 10.05 had been out a comparitively long time as well. Maybe not in good quality, but that didn't come about until CR5 and such.