View Single Post
Old 05-23-2008, 11:49 PM   #1
emotionalfriend
Ownz

Default MSOTS vs. TFE (Dividing CDs at the end of a marriage)

So my soon-to-be-ex-wife and I divided our CD collection tonight, and while we had duplicates of most of the Pumpkins discography, we only had one copy each of Mary Star of the Sea and The Future Embrace. we had a lot of difficult decisions (who keeps the remastered Cure cds and who keeps the original versions? who gets Interpol, and for that matter, do either of us really want their last album? etc.), but the most difficult decision was Zwan vs. Billy solo. after all, the Pumpkins are the sole reason are relationship began.

so what we decided is that I'd keep Zwan, she'd keep TFE. we'll each rip the one we gave up, and will probably buy a new copy soon. we're both very anal about having actual CDs. i'm now questioning whether i made the right decision. do i really like Zwan more than TFE? can you even buy a copy of either album that isn't used? keep in mind that i've had about 6 beers, so that may have influenced my decision. i don't really know what i intend to accomplish with this thread.