View Single Post
Old 09-10-2016, 03:00 AM   #53
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
so I guess I posted about the strange wall of couch cushions in some other thread but basically, my cognition class is in the performing arts building because i guess the science buildings were full. so to get there i pass all these random art installations in the building. this one is all couch cushions and table tops glued on the walls with some extension cables in there. i don't really get it.

i know i kinda shat on this the other day, but now that the pic is clearer and more up close, i actually quite dig it. it's a nice thought - assemble small pieces of an object that for many people, is a big part of what they consider 'home'. you get home, first thing you want to do is chill out on the sofa. you have friends over on that sofa. you watch movies on that sofa before you go to bed at night. whatever. the way a couch looks and feels is a big part of what dictates the identity of a house. some are old, some are new, some are welcoming and comforting, some are harsh and uncomfortable. each one of those cushions is a throwback to a different 'type' of house - your grandparents' house, a slick and stylish bourgeois house, a newly furnished low income ikea house, etc.