Thread: TV thread
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #24
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i feel like there used to be more emphasis on trying to make very high quality shows - Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire, Mad Men, GoT, etc...

but now it's much more about sheer quantity, there's a ridiculous amount of shows out there but very very few of them are actually great
breaking bad, GoT were not that long ago but imo they aren't golden age anyway. but i couldnt get into GoT and breaking bad i liked a lot but it is not in the same tier as sopranos and the wire.

the only contemporaneous show that i watch that i think is great and could be god tier if they end it right next season is the americans. ya'll should get on that show if you haven't yet. they're already ahead of the curve by not trying to drag it out forever. it is a great show, a little confusing because there are many subplots and some take episodes to wrap up while some go on for several seasons, and the characters wear disguises and act as different people during spying activities and all kinds of stuff that can get confusing. but there's a lots of sites that 'review' episodes and can clear things up if anything is unclear.

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-21-2017 at 12:48 AM.