View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 12:20 PM   #58
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I take that back, because here (thank you, BurtSampson)

I only made it to the 3rd sentence until I went down a grammatical rabbit hole.

And learned that yes, you can use "whose" for inanimate objects. Thank you, Monte.

Still, a song consists of a melody, so how could a song "sound like a calm melody"
So many amazing moments in there.

"As the shot moved away from the band to seeing Homer Simpson walking away from the stage, I said, either out loud or in my head, “Go back! Go back! I want to see them!”"

"I must have jumped 2 feet in the air with excitement by the arrival of this gift. I opened up the Mellon Collie cassette and looked at all the art, amazed with the kitty cats that were being married and the bunnies playing baseball. Then I saw the band’s picture for the first time: Billy Corgan standing there with his dark hair combed back, D’arcy holding a carrot as if it had some magical power, Jimmy looking like he was about to fall over, and James, well, looking like James."

"he was so gentle and friendly and signed my superman and wrote a large “A” on the top of his head. Next would be James, I handed him the Alf doll he looked at it confessed and said ‘you want me to sign this?” I told him, that it was for him he gave me an awkward thanks and went to sign the Superman. Jimmy gave me an enthusiastic hello, as I gave him the cat in the hat, hat he put it right on. It was the most uplifting thing after the little bit of awkwardness with James"