View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #193
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
I have no idea what your point was about the Doors, if you ever had one. I was merely pointing out that Morrison was one of a collective, not the sole driving force of the band. So whatever you say.
My point was that the fact that you don't like Billy Corgan as a person is not worth throwing tantrums over. Like Jim Morrison, he's the singer/songwriter/visionary leader of his band, the indignation and disgust you may have over their characters is so far beyond the point it strains the imagination as to wonder why it needs to be magnified ad naseum as though it means anything. I'll never understand what motivates people to take the actions and words of celebrities so seriously, or personally. The "Billy Corgan is an asshole" meme has been in circulation since the early 90's, and his current pattenrn of self-contraditction/uneasy relationship with the fan base has been in place at least since 98. It's no more relevant now pertaining to the quality of his music as it was then. If anything he's mellowed considerably and maybe that explains the decline. Probably makes for a much more engrossing bio as well.

Quote:
Yeah I guess Corgan has every right to say what he does. So how come that doesn't give me the right to say he's a Gargantuan Megadouche on this board?
You have every right to make your point. Again... and again... and again. I just don't see why this is so important. I've never had a conversation with Billy Corgan, but I really don't care he's mother Theresa or Charles Manson, I care whether or not he's going to write another Hummer.

Whether or not everyone agrees with me that musician X is a dick isn't worth attatching extrordinary amount of anxiety too. It's not like I'm about to throw away my Led Zepplin records because they fucked underage girls.

Quote:
You fucks make NO sense. And by the way I dunno why people keep thinking I'm really upset about this and Billy Corgan means a lot to me. I haven't bought anything he's done since Machina which I hated. Sos, I dunno. You guys are the ones that actually watch these interviews and buy these albums and apoligize for his idiocy. You're the ones that aren't embarrassed to have ever been an SP fan. He's the guy that keeps telling fans "fuck you" and "fuck off". I'm mearly explaining why he's such a goddamn joke to everyone except for the cavedwellers in this thread that don't like me. I mean lead singers are arrogant assfaces to begin with but they usually don't take their fucked up assbrained shitmongering self infatuation to this level. You guys keep defending the indefensible and I'll laugh about it with everyone else. I don't care.
Yep, you've made it abundantly clear that you don't give a fuck about Billy Corgan. Now move along to Bush message board griping and moaning about how they actually have fans dumb enough to not spend their boarding time pissing all over Gavin Rosedale.

Quote:
Also he should punch me/choke me whatever he wants to do to negative fans. I'm still waiting.
He wants you to go away. Just close your eyes and imagine how peaceful it would be.