Thread: cooking
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #35
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Not sure what's gotten into me, but I all of a sudden got an urge to start preparing food that takes more than 5 minutes. Nothing too challenging or that requires a million spices that cost $5 each (1 or 2 is ok). So last night I prepared oatmeal with plain yogurt and blueberries, left overnight in the fridge. How come I never knew you could make oatmeal this way? Super good.

Tomorrow I'm going to pick up what I need for these:
Mushroom Spinach and Swiss French Bread Pizzas

One Pot Chili Pasta

Part of it is because I need to stop eating our as much because I'm way too fat and also poor. But another part of it just sort of clicked in my brain and I was like... fuck yeah, I want to cook! I dunno.

I like that site because it tells you exactly how much each thing costs to make and suggests variations. Like I might just use cheddar on those pizzas instead of buying swiss cheese, or whatever I decide to use in the chili. And for the chili, I have canned corn and ground turkey, so I will use those.

Anyone have suggestions or want to share what they've been cooking?
I have little time to cook... some days I'm really dragging at the end of the day. My recent blood work shows my A1c is edging up and I'm reaching pre-diabetes, which is my fault because I stopped eating healthy the way I used to... been doing a lot of this on my busiest days http://www.iseeidoimake.com/no-proce...k-pot-recipes/ I'm not a crock pot fan but it really helps me have something ready and it's healthier than what I was having. I've also focused on eating mainly meats and veggies... we have some complex carbs and emptied out the place of crap. A. gets some desserts now and then but I'm trying to make them desserts I make from scratch.

I prefer grilling or baking... so on weekends I do that... but yeah since starting this I've dropped 7 lbs and my jeans have become a little looser. The doctor told me to do a brisk walk every day for 30 min... so I may get the treadmill out of storage for winter.