View Single Post
Old 07-26-2003, 02:13 AM   #15
mosquitoboy
Pledge

ok... ill answer the questions in order....

1. James' Joke....."Well.... i moved out to california and i was walking around the streets of LA..... i came across a bear and i said hello....the bear said hi would you like to be my friend...sure i would love to be your friend. .." something of that sort and then Maynard said "chicago" a few seconds after all the laughter.

2. The crowd was all friends and family of the band. All of Tool except Justin, Buzz Osbourne, the Vandals, the two guys from No Doubt that play the horns and keyboard and misc. others. Maybe 200 people ....thats probably stretching it... very spread out and about 10 feet from the stage...very chill... it was great !

3. The show was about 12 songs long... a good hour and probably10-15 min.. no encores....

4. The Failure song was pretty cool... pretty obscure to everything else they played that night. No im not familiar with the original. Ill Tell you one thing... The Package and The outsider is some of the best music i have ever heard.... SOOOO inTENSE! I actually missed the first couple songs so i will not comment on the Pet or the Weak and powerless.

5. Troy is not in the band anymore.... That is who James is taking place of.... James is definitely better....James was kickass... he played some really good riffs in the songs and after being in the band for only 11 days i thought it was amazing. James did do some sound effect type riffs but he was playing alot of the rocking riffs also....

Let me just say... that this band has one of the most incredible sounds live.....The last part of orestes last night was insane... the sound quality of that place and the band was perfect....no one was covered up by anyone else. Anyways ive ranted and bragged way too much already... You guys have a great time at all the shows... they are really looking forward to playing them.

Scott

PS - Yes, maynard has a red long haired wig that had 2 pony tails

Last edited by mosquitoboy : 07-26-2003 at 02:17 AM.