View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 02:35 AM   #40
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

I thought the Zwan album was the beginning of the Billy trying too hard to sound way too happy on record that has since taken over his songwriting. Sadly it seems there was much better unreleased material because the album was just too much on the cheery side. No one is that happy all the time. Give me the range you had. I don't mind doses of it like he has done on the great Pumpkins records. But people feel more than one feeling. Ogilala isn't any better. I tried to listen to it and couldn't make it through the first few tracks without skimming through and deleting it from my HD. Billy isn't strong on his own with just a piano or guitar for an entire record. Again, small doses works much better. Where is the rocker Billy? Give us some real guitar licks and riffs. Not this la-di-da crap. The only positive thing with Ogilala is he's not just saying lover over and over and actually wrote some real lyrics unlike the nonsense on Elegy. Ogilala could sound better with a real band behind it and good production.