View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 01:26 AM   #2
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Pessimism is subscribing to a fear-based existence
Didn't realize Jim got abused as a kid as well. (@around 14 mins) Sad.

Quote:
I still very much am a stranger in [SP]...culturally I didn't really fit in with those guys
Quote:
The thing about me is that I can always play...I always play at the highest level
Quote:
There came a point in my life after I was dismissed from the band where I thought music could take me down....I even quit playing for a while, and now I've gotten back to the point where I do have an accountable relationship with my instrument...I have a session from 8-9 every morning where I practice; it's an amazing thing to have.
Quote:
When you look at kids today, they're exposed to so much fear in the current educational system in America, the first thing kids start thinking about is 'what if I don't get a good grade?'....'What if I don't get good grades in college and I don't get a good job; I'm going to be miserable'. Those are all fear-based initiatives, that's how the general public generally lives their lives....that's counter to the artistic process, where the universe knows best....I'm going to allow for the great things that are going to happen to me to happen; that's a difference experience than this holy shit moment after holy shit moment that kids are experiencing today.....you can manufacture a life as a doctor, but there's so much more that can happen....
Quote:
I'm a successful musician because I get my ass out of bed every morning and practice from 8-9 every goddamn day
Quote:
I don't live in a world where Trump or anybody else rules my existence

He's such a good guy though. He is kinda new age-y and hippie-ish like Corgan, but I respect him about 200x more. Plus he's actually giving back, starting this monastery, doing drum clinics, selling his old equipment, being awesome; rather than doing Alex Jones interviews and being shitty about new Pumpkins stuff and just generally coming off like a dick.

http://refugearts.org

Last edited by Ram27 : 04-04-2017 at 01:38 AM.