Thread: 2019 releases
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 06:29 PM   #182
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
I try pretty hard not to draw a line in the sand and go "Ah, none of this new shit is for me". I'll check out whatever new stuff seems like it might be up my alley, but I'm not out there every day listening to the hottest new acts.

On the subject of recent acts, I'd be a lot more excited for new Chromatics if all the stories about Dear Tommy didn't seem like a completely orchestrated load of bullshit (that sounds very similar to the history behind Prince's Black Album) to generate interest in a 'lost album' and if the concert I attended wasn't the biggest load of pretentious garbage that sounded like absolute dogshit.

At least the vinyl was cheap. I'll check out the new stuff soonish.
Meh. I don't live in a city anyone cares about, so the chances of me ever getting to see them live are pretty much nil. I also don't follow them (or anyone, really) close enough to get annoyed with new album shenanigans. I just enjoy when new music springs up and Closer to Grey definitely scratched the itch.