View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 01:00 AM   #81
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Ah. Yeah I went to a private christian white college where prize students would write articles in the school paper questioning the worth of black history month.
there are rich shit eaters like that at every college but yeah they were pretty outnumbered where I was. the college republicans would whine about being oppressed all the time. like why the fuck are you at a public liberal arts college known for being a hippie haven

but yeah these days liberals have to rush to defend PC because conservatives have made it about their right to be hateful, but I don't think PC was generally thought of as a desirable thing even by liberals and academics a few years ago. The whole concept was perceived differently. Like I said, I think it was more a set of constrictions to keep the public sphere sterile and controversy-free. Bill Maher's show was called politically incorrect, right?

for instance, if I were to say US foreign policy played a role in 9/11, that would have been a politically incorrect thing to say