View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 09:00 PM   #78
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Isn't that one pretty sketchy? I mean I guess probably not any more sketchy than Tinder? I don't have anything against online dating, but it's something I could never see myself doing or being successful with. Buuuut 8 months with no girlfriend and no female foils in my life and I'm feeling pretty lonely about it. I know I'm being a privileged dick cause I've spent most of my adult life in relationships and that's a lot more than a lot of people can say. I mean it's probably deeply unhealthy that I feel such a drive for attention from the opposite sex but I guess it's a mix of wanting validation and honestly feeling like I am a better me when I am with a romantic interest.

Tinder turned out to be a bit intimidating. Seems to be a lot of pretentious white collar transplant young professionals working on the Hill or for some fancy law firm, who, judging by their interests and pictures, go out every night in fancy dresses and drink bourbon while taking pictures with tigers. Seriously if I read one more bio that includes "exploring DC one glass of wine at a time" I'm going to snap
I dunno, I guess it might be sketchy if you're a woman... Probably lots of prowlers and shit, but I haven't seen anything weird come from it. It's kind of just the same platform that everyone seemed to use when we were teenagers to get in touch with women. Like Nexopia and sites like that (not sure if that site was big in American but everyone had it in Canada).

It's no doubt a little pathetic, but theres a lot of really pretty and successful women who use it amongst some of the bottom feeders.

We live in an anti-social age, a lot of people are turning to services like this. You're a good lookin' dude, you should have some success with it. Best of luck!