View Single Post
Old 08-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #223
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
Yeah and how’d that work out for Bernie? Whenever he’s about to win the nomination, they just cheat him out of it.
you got offended last time I said this, but I'll say it again because it's true. you are like fuzzyroes in that you will make a claim, people will debunk it with numbers or what have you, and you'll just come back later and make the same claim again. he wasn't cheated. it wasn't even close. he did far worse this year than in 2016. more people wanted Biden.

Quote:
Well technically he’s right in that they cater to RIGHT WING Democrats instead of actual centrists.
you are lost in the political spectrum. you think anyone more than one step to the center of you is objectively defined as right wing. if Sanders is a centrist to you, 95% of the electorate in the US is right wing. but sure, the revolution is coming in 2024

Quote:
If Trump governed the way I thought he would in 2016 (i.e. starting a nuclear war and/or world war 3) I’d be much more willing to consider Biden. But he’s been a pretty typical Republican in terms of his tax cuts, corporate nonsense and deregulation. I’d say he’s actually pretty good for a Republican President in terms of foreign military policy, although he’s undoubtedly still an evil war criminal. He’s also done a few good things such as some prison reform and some leftist stances on trade. Is Trump awful? Absolutely, but he is not enough of an existential threat for me to consider Biden. Both of them will continue hurting the planet and country. I will ask you guys this, if there are people like me holding out for Biden to support progressive policies, why can’t he support even ONE of those policies? What does he have to lose by supporting universal healthcare? I will never vote for anyone who doesn’t support universal healthcare again in my life unless the other candidate is actually Hitler.
dude you are stupid. some of this is demonstrably false. Trump has not been a typical Republican at all, he's been the worst parts of the GOP from the last five decades on steroids. he brought us to the brink of war with North Korea and Iran for absolutely no reason. he's seriously damaged the US' global standing and diplomacy. We have ONE HUNDRED SEVENTY THOUSAND PEOPLE DEAD.

And Biden has moved to the left. The whole Democratic party has moved to the left. Biden HAS made concessions to the progressives. to say otherwise is just a lie. By the way, you know that Biden's healthcare plan is more popular than universal healthcare right? No, of course you don't. And the environment thing is equally as stupid. Are you aware of how many environmental policies from Obama/Biden Trump has dismantled? No, again, of course you don't, and if you do, you're being purposely disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
it was thought by the Bernie or bust in 2016 that we'd get a progressive candidate in response to Trump

there was probably no reason to assume this to begin with
exactly. there was no reason to assume that, and there's no reason to assume it now either. to believe that the political system works like a perfect pendulum and ultimately things will be better if we allow them to get more fucked up first is magical thinking, i.e. there is no evidence whatsoever but it's just some fucking idea this guy has stuck in his head. Nixon didn't give us a progressive. Reagan didn't give us a progressive. W Bush didn't give us a progressive. But sure yeah, it's different this time squish. Maybe you could point out some historical examples of left wing democratic revolutions coming about in response to the right staging a fascist takeover cause I'm coming up blank.

Quote:
If you think Biden will do anything meaningful environmentally, you are unfamiliar with his record.
blatantly untrue, either by ignorance or purposeful falsehood. again, Trump has been frantically taking about environmental protection policies put into place by Obama/Biden for the last four years.

Quote:
My vote doesn’t matter but if enough people thought like me we would get a progressive in 2024.
Quote:
I think you guys need to really think about why you’re more angry with me and other leftists for refusing to support someone with right-wing policies who’s supposedly the left wing candidate than you are with said candidate for absolutely refusing to support any progressive policy. If Biden wanted our votes he could get them.
you are a delusional self-obsessed baby.