View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 10:27 AM   #4636
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I went on a date tonight with someone who is objectively way too attractive for me and she ostensibly had a good time and we're going out again I'm not sure what to think
I mean, even though I think "leagues don't exist" is just one of those bits of common wisdom parroted by society because it's more pleasant than the truth, if somebody objectively more attractive than you is into you, just roll with it and don't look a gift horse in the mouth. The minute you start going "but WHY are they into me? Am I good enough for them?", it will affect your behaviour and cause you to act in ways that will make them more likely to lose attraction to you, creating a self-fulfilling prophecy.

These behaviours can include showing unattractive insecurity by showing skepticism about her attraction to you or constantly asking her for reassurance about it, and trying way too hard to keep her by being so supplicating that you no longer look like you have your own self-respect or boundaries.

Just treat her like you'd treat any average-looking person you're into. Respect her, don't be rude, but also don't be afraid to playfully tease her and show that, just like she does, you have criteria you're looking for in a person that they must meet in order for you to be involved in them.