View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 04:09 PM   #135
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Jason Bourne – C

You know when a band in their later career releases a self-titled album and everyone knows it's gonna be like ehhhhhhh. This is that. A pale imitation of the earlier films and a blatant contrived excuse to cash in again on the franchise. Of course the action sequences are extremely well done, but by the end shit was just so crazy it seemed like a parody. There is a car chase at the end that is basically a live-action round of GTA V. There was also far too much dialogue. Sike, there was almost no dialogue in this movie at all and I'm not sure anyone said anything in the first half hour. As always, there are plenty of cool shots of foreign locales... the Greek riot at Syntagma made me smile to myself because it was like an insanely hyperbolic version of the riot I accidentally ran into there. The movie is very topical... cybersecurity and privacy on the web are driving forces to the plot, but it's almost too much. It feels too rooted in 2016. Also the CIA woman looks 22 but apparently has a phd and is the head of their cybersecurity department? I think not. I would describe the movie as a "romp." Fun to watch, but there is nothing else going on here.