View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 12:26 PM   #22
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Essentially, the tracklist on wikipedia has always been wrong.

In the 2000 biography Zero To Sixty by Johnny Rogan, the actual Homegrown tracklist was listed, as per Elliot Mazer, but they were not in the correct order:
Homegrown
Star Of Bethlehem
White Line
Little Wing
Try
Four Walls
Separate Ways
Vacancy
Florida
Kansas
Mexico

Aside from no Love is a Rose and We Don't Smoke It, and the inclusion of Four Walls (which could be an alternate title to one of those two anyways), this is essentially what we ultimately got, and this information was published twenty years ago. That is why I think this is legit. They also went through a lot of trouble just to gather this specific set of songs, so I'm fairly sure this was the tracklist NY meant to release in 1975.
Very interesting. Even if Four Walls is one of the other songs - they still added a track. Maybe it was supposed to be Four Strong Winds. I have to admit that I have enjoyed this album a bit more than I may have b/c I never really listened to ASnB. Outside of the Decade cuts, I was only really familiar with White Line from Ragged Glory. I had listened to Little Wing, but it seemed slight and I mostly forgot about it. It works well in this track listing.