View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 12:40 AM   #69
paranoid
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 Hour View Post
Bearcubbin' has to be up there with "Celebration" as one of the worst band names I've ever heard. They deserved to win that "award" at SXSW (if that's even true).

That said, I guess I'm torn on how bad I feel for the guy. I mean, on one hand, I'm almost envious of him that he got to play in my favorite band for a while. On the other hand, he was nearly universally reviled by fans due to not being even close to the same level of talent as Jimmy and it sounds like Billy treated him like shit (which is SOOOOO uncharacteristic of him). As for whether Billy ruined his career... I don't know if you can really say that because it's highly unlikely anyone would even know who he was had he not been in SP. So while I don't see any other huge artists hiring him to be part of their bands, I'm sure he'll still get some work if he wants it.
He’s like, the luckiest Berklee school of music drummer ever. He’d have played drums until he was 26 and then given up and found a real job. Thousands of other drummers could have had that job, considering his mediocre level of talent.