View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 06:31 AM   #159
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I'd like to think that Billys intentions are pure, but it's clear with this venture that he's just interested in cashing in... The focus isn't on new music like with Deal.

If Billy was smart he would have rolled the dice with D'arcy while having Jack Bates on retainer in case she couldn't handle the workload. That way it's win-win. It's not like it would cost that much to pay Bates.
I agree with you to an extent. the Breeders are kind of a bad example though. I saw them on the Mountain Battles tour, playing a small University hall and it was a great, intimate show. But it's been 10 years between albums. Say what you want about the quality and direction of Corgan's "SP" output since 2007 but he's always touring with new music. This new tour is a different direction playing 1991-2000 material but it's hardly uncharted territory for a band and not necessary an indicator of the future, if SP has one.

Oh, bought a Breeders shirt outside the venue, stripy long-sleeve, still in the packaging, got home it was a girls. Gave it to my mum

Last edited by RenewRevive : 03-04-2018 at 06:50 AM.