View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 09:59 AM   #118
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I shouldn't even bother though... I'm gonna be misconstrued. I would like to see a better screening process in the United States... That would literally only be a band-aid on the bigger issue at hand though...

The thing society needs to get to the bottom of is why there is such an astonishing increase in this violent behavior... What is possibly going through a persons mind to unleash such hatred and violence? That is the big issue, and unless that gets solved, these reckless wastes of life will continue to happen and happen...

And think of it... If someone is THAT determined that they're literally going to go on a murdering spree, do you not think they'll find access to weaponry whether or not they can legally purchase it? These are extreme acts... Do you think simply not being allowed to by weaponry at Walmart will deter these utter maniacs? If you do, you're fucking dreaming and delusional.. I'll tell you that right now. They'll just easily get the weapons on the black-market... That's the dilemma about it all.
Look, I don't think violence in the media and video games etc play no role. But these are available in every country with the internet, not just the United States. Might these children and adults try to murder people even if they didn't have guns? Some of them probably would, and others wouldn't. What is for sure is they could not rack up body counts to nearly the same degree with bladed or blunt weapons. So while having much tougher gun regulations is a band-aid, it's a damn good first step, and one that is completely necessary.

As for them finding guns on the black market. Someone like the Parkland kid has no connections to the black market. How would he even go about that? He's a weird kid, possibly autistic, and everyone was afraid of him. C'mon, there's no way he would have gotten an AR-15 on the black market. Maybe he would have knifed some people but he wouldn't have shot 32 people, killing 17 of them. Almost every single mass shooting involves legally acquired guns, or the theft of legally acquired guns from family members. Any barriers we can put up to gun ownership can mean life or death to potential victims. Background checks, face-to-face mental health exams, mandatory gun safety courses, harsh penalties for not registering guns, no private sale of guns without going through an intermediary where the buyer has to go through the same checks and exams. Renewable registration with subsequent mental health exams at each registration. All of this at the expense of the gun owner.