View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 02:07 PM   #98
jakobtheliar
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
yeah Tear on the album was great the first few times i heard it but man it can be a drag
As with all things Crogan; it needs to be edited down. Tear is a classic example of this. The first couple of minutes the song is great but from there it drags. They should hit the breakdown in the middle, build the song back up and hit the post around minute 4. Jamming it out on the live version is fine, even the wonky mad man piano shit. But you really don't need another epic on the album when you've got for Martha.

The machina tour version of tear is great because it is pared down and shorter. And going from tear to crestfallen is a slog. They should have put once in a while in its place. Appels and oranjes I always thought should have been their entrance music to the stage. It should have been on a soundtrack or something. Once upon a time should have been edited down a little and made a single over crestfallen. I mean how many times does he say who am I in it?

I agree with others that waiting sounds more like a machina II track. The drum loop is a discounted adore leftover. But it's great tune. Adore was great.
The first 5 songs he was clearly stacking them up as singles.