View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:52 AM   #172
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

thoughts on 11:

Miriam ain't dead so the shit with Richard Horne is coming to a head. In ep. 1 the Giant said, "two birds one stone, Richard and Linda." we don't know who Linda is yet except a Linda was mentioned at the trailer park

Carl Rodd seems very different from his younger self as seen in FWWM. Much more compassionate and gentle

So Albert and Gordon Cole seemed to know the nature of the portal at the coordinates in SD. Cole asked Albert, "you think there's one in there?" to which Albert said, "we'll soon find out." The woodsman spirit dude who killed Hastings probably targeted him for bringing the FBI there, or at least that was my thought, and he probably crushed his head like the woodsman did to the people in episode 8. The coordinates on Ruth's body are almost certainly the same ones the TP sheriff's department is headed to. Is Diane conflicted? She saw the thing that killed Hastings enter the car and let it happen, but then later she hesitantly said she saw it LEAVING the car but reiterated at least twice that she could be wrong. Cole's hand also shakes, JUST like what happens to several characters at the end of season 2. Diane's constant smoking could be an allusion to her closeness to evil Cooper. Sarah Palmer smoked constantly and lived with Bob in the original series.

My guess is Bobby and Shelly are still married, but separated (the credits specifically put Briggs as Shelly's last name, which doesn't mean anything by itself, but previously she has only been listed as Shelly). Shelly then turns out to be with this drug kingpin Red... I guess Bobby doesn't cut it for her anymore now that he is a cop and she likes bad boys? Prediction: they will get back together at the end of the show. They were the only major characters to get a happy ending in the original series.

The scene which follows was truly bizarre, with the kid firing off the gun. I noticed he was standing exactly like his father, which could be a parallel to how Bobby and Shelly's daughter is similar to Shelly, and could be a portent of Bobby's role or importance as we near the end of the show. The honking woman and the vomiting child was totally wtf, I have no idea if that had significance or was total weirdness. The woman was screaming similarly to how the car horn sounded.

Especially after rewatching the original series, I believe Hawk is the main interpreter of the spirit world of Twin Peaks to the audience. The fire on his map can be good or bad depending on the intention... perhaps meaning that the white and black lodge are the same, or that Twin Peaks is the confluence of these two worlds, which are theories dating to the original show. The corn is fertility, but it is blackened with disease... probably a reference to this "mother" figure who birthed Bob and killed Madeline Zima (remember also when Cooper is leaving the spirit world and the woman tells him he must hurry because her MOTHER is coming). The owl-like symbol is again on the map and Hawk basically says it is too bad to talk about. Could be a symbol for this entity.

The Dougie story was the most straightforward. The One-Armed Man slash other Lodge forces sent a dream to Jim Belushi which caused him to save Dougie's life. They even directed Dougie to buy the pie. At the restaurant at the end, Dougie's attention is obviously focused on the piano player when he plays a Badalamenti composed song I have to assume is purposely meant to have moments which sound very much like Laura Palmer's theme, especially at the very beginning and the end right before it gets all jaunty. Dougie also says "damn good" just like how Cooper would say it, not like he was mimicking the mobster dude.