View Single Post
Old 07-31-2016, 03:31 PM   #129
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

is this thread just for teh b0lly or is it common use? do we still use the other movie thread

Spring Breakers

I don't really know how to rate this movie. I felt ready to turn it off after 15 minutes but suddenly the movie was over and I had sat through the whole thing. Really leaves you with a "what did I just watch" feeling. I am tempted to say it was absolutely terrible but it also has this magnetic quality that did not allow me to avert my eyes. The whole thing is very dreamlike and events seem to just run into each other with seemingly missing pieces, sort of like the actual experience of going on a two week bender at the beach. As the "plot" progresses, shit gets crazier and crazier but it just seems normal. The protagonists seemingly have absolutely no sense of morality... they are basically empty, over-privileged husks of people attempting to free themselves of the boredom and sensory deprivation of already having everything you could want. In this way I'm not sure whether the film was some sort of social commentary or just a weirdo stylistic experiment aiming for cult status.