View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 09:22 PM   #13
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Annie Hall -

i'd never really watched Woody Allen movies. this might have been my first one, or at least one of the first. it's pretty smart and surprisingly quick and self aware, especially for a 1977 film. lots of breaking of the fourth wall, sequences that kind of pause the actual narrative and go into introspective mode, like when Woody just stops people on the street and starts talking to them about his love life and they all collectively share his conciousness - i loved that.

what that said, i did find many parts of the movie overly chatty. it blazes the entire way through on 200mph, chit-chat-chit-chat-analyzing-discussing-referencing-citing gahh.

btw some spots in this movie features some of the worst acting i'd ever seen, courtesy of diane keaton. but she's not horrific all the way through so i dunno. when it's bad, it's bad though (insert mr. mackie embed here). to her credit, she sang surprisingly well on the jazz numbers.

anyway, every movie about an ended relationship leaves me with this bitter taste and so did this one. i guess it captures another angle of it and was generally enjoyable. doesn't really propel me to check out Woody Allen's entire filmography. probably just a loooot more insecure neurotic jewish humor. i think i'll check out Match Point though, cause Scarlett.

to finish off this review i'd like to share some details about my breakfast today. well, not really breakfast per say, just something small to start the day LOL. i was feeling kind of out so i drank a glass of water, then chugged down another glass of water with half a lemon squeezed in, and after that I had some toast. not just some plain white bread though, i got that dark bread with all sorts of nuts in it. at first i thought i'd put some jam on it but then i decided not to put jam on it, so i just ate it plain LOL. have i mentioned that i'm friends with many professional cyclists?